Monday, August 07, 2006

It Costs Less at Sterchi's

Not all of my posts will be long-winded or even focus solely on Rock City Barns.

It Costs Less at Sterchi's

the barn reads:
It Costs Less at
Sterchi's
TO FURNISH YOUR HOME
(the last 4 words are on the right)

They probably can't help if you need to refurnish your barn after a tree falls upon it. I had never heard of Sterchi's Furniture store until this barn. I saw 2 of these in Lincoln County, TN. The other was on U.S. Highway 64. This one looked better. It's on U.S. Highway 231 just north of Fayetteville. I am not sure what color the barn was originally painted, but it is always nifty to see old painted metal barns where the old different paints rust into different colors.

The very approximate location on a map.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! did you know there is a Rock City barn not too far from this Sterchi's barn? It's not even visible now (I was through there today, July29).because it has caved in and lots of overgrowth has taken over. But you can still see it a little in the winter.
I am so thrilled to find your blog, I thought I was the only one who searched these barns down to photograph when I am cruising the backroads!
Elizabeth in Huntsville

11:14 PM, July 29, 2007  
Blogger BrentKMoore said...

I was looking for that particular Rock City barn when I found the Sterchi's barn. I never found it, but glad to know that it's kinda still there. I may have to go back through the area before they haul off the pieces.

12:24 AM, July 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home